Food Shelf Stocker or Escort -- Minneapolis Lake St.
15 people are interested
Volunteers are needed to help in the food shelf which provides well-balanced food to families seeking assistance from our Minneapolis Lake St location. Volunteers are need to stock the food shelf, and ongoing volunteers can also be Shopping Escorts: help families select items. Your role is to help manage food donations for our food shelves; keeping the selves organized and stocked so that our program will be able to meet the needs of families seeking assistance. This position is the backbone of the food shelf!
* Sort and organize donated food shelf supplies
* Move deliveries to the food shelf
* Assess food shelf needs in order to stock urgently needed supplies
Other duties may include:
* Escorting clients through the food shelf as they shop for food items.
* Monitoring clients’ choices to ensure they are within allowable limits.
* Assisting with weighing and bagging food.
* Answering clients’ questions regarding food items and assisting them with making selections if needed.
* Making sure shelves are neat and orderly during down time.
* Restocking of shelves and assisting staff with receiving food deliveries.
* Light cleaning as needed.
Food Stocking positions are 9:00-11:00 a.m.
Food Escort/Shopping positions please call for availability: 612-767-2710
High need on Wednesdays for stockers from 9:00-11:00 a.m.
We'll work with your schedule.
1604 E. Lake St.Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Child Welfare
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Background Check
- On-going preferred