Would you be interested in an exciting opportunity to help The Specialists Guild as an Encore Fellow? TSG provides training, opportunities and support for adults with communication and social challenges, such as Autism, to contribute to society and earn a living at a level in line with their intelligence and abilities.
Note: Encore Fellowships are specifically targeted for older adults (generally 50+) who are leaving their primary career and may want to consider a transition to the social sector. Learn more at http://encore.org/fellowships
This role is for an Organizational and Finance Management Strategist. TSG looks forward to welcoming an Encore Fellow to contribute their experience and insights to our goal of increasing employment opportunities for high functioning adults on the autism spectrum.
The Encore Fellow will receive a $25,000 stipend for serving in a part-time role for one year. This is a unique chance to use the skills and expertise you developed over your primary career to create a lasting impact for your community and to develop connections that may lead to further encore opportunities.
The Fellow will:
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, with their support and advice, the Fellow's primary areas of responsibility are financial and administrative.
- After updating and reviewing current procedures, the Fellow will develop directions for efficient operation, and the allocation of resources. Familiarity with financial structure will provide the basis for developing procedures for other administrative operations such as evaluation, archiving (particularly cloud based) and reporting.
- Duties will include research such as the feasibility of TSG becoming certified as a school and the financial and reporting consequences of such a transition.Projects will be developed in consultation with the Fellow based on experience and interests and could include areas such as technology innovation, new sources of financial support, liaising with technology companies, etc.
- Outcomes are reports and procedural directives created by the Fellow that will insure efficiency and stability over time and particularly when the organization is faced with major changes such as changes in focus or funding or staff.
- Through staff meetings and discussions the Fellow will be involved and contribute to the planning process.The Fellow will play a major role in identifying the resources needed for TSG to operate efficiently and to provide the most useful experience to our trainees.
- TSG is a small organization, focused on the individual. Our aim is a flexible work environment that allows participants and staff to be creative and to learn so that they can do their best.
Formal and informal discussions provide clarification of tasks and projects, whereupon individuals are expected and allowed to be independent and self-directed. The Fellow will arrange their working schedule in consultation with the ED and if desired a certain amount of the work can be done off site.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Analysis
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Capacity Planning
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1000 service hours over 1 year - usually 20 hrs/wk
- Encore Fellowships are targeted for older adults (generally 50+) leaving their primary career.