About this Position
We are looking for a strong blog writer with a love for writing and an understanding for content creation for nonprofits. You will be responsible for writing interesting and engaging articles geared for a specific target audience and must have the ability to come up with original, relevant and timely topics. This includes profiles of program beneficiaries, stories about all of our programs, and research articles regarding education in Africa. In addition, this person must have excellent leadership qualities to oversee our blogging team.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication skills as this role might involve reaching out for interviews. Additionally, adherence to deadlines is critical.
The time commitment is flexible and can range from writing one article each week to one article each month. If you are looking to build leadership experience on your resume, we could also use a communications director to manage all content including our blog and website.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Impeccable grammar and punctuation
- Creativity, and the ability to come up with relevant, interesting topics
- A professional, consistent writing style
- Knowledge of G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bonus: ability to create graphics using Canva/Adobe Creative Suite to accompany articles
To apply, please email two writing samples of between 250 and 1000 words (each) to email@example.com in addition to a resume.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- One article/week to one article/month.
- Administrative Assistant -...
- Content Writer and Blogging...
- Online Fundraiser for Africa...
- Grant Researcher - Virtual...
- Webmaster - Virtual Volunteer
- Social Media Editor for Africa...
- Photo Editor - Virtual volunteer
- African Folktale...
- Grant Writer - Virtual Volunteer
- Public Relations Officer -...