Selection Panel Representative
Ceca Selection Panel members review nominations from staff at a local healthcare partner facility, in this case Knollwood Military Retirement Community. Panel members assist in selecting Ceca Award recipients for their outstanding caregiving contributions. These volunteers may also participate in follow-up Award Ceremonies for each honored caregiver.
Time requirements are modest, approximately 2-4 hours per month, and your service has a significant positive impact on patients and their caregivers.
Volunteers accepted into the program will attend Selection Panel meetings monthly or quarterly, and are responsible for:
- attending a short training program to become familiar with Ceca's recognition system, and the nomination reports generated;
- reviewing Knollwood's nominations for each Award period (monthly or quarterly) and selecting preliminary finalists;
- meeting at the Knollwood facility (or occasionally by telephone) with fellow Panel members and selecting the monthly (or quarterly) honoree;
- attending Knollwood's Award Ceremony and representing Ceca Foundation at that event;
- providing guidance on "best practices" as related to Ceca’s program; and,
- contacting the Ceca-designated backup Panel member if they are unable to attend a Selection Panel or Award Ceremony.
Ceca Award Selection Panel Representatives must be age 18 and older, have upbeat personalities, professional appearance, and be comfortable in a healthcare environment.
Panel Representatives will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the Healthcare Partner’s Facility for Panel meetings and Award Ceremonies.
Length of Time Commitment
Due to the level of training involved and our desire for experienced feedback, we ask volunteers to commit to at least one year of service.
We estimate Ceca Award Panel Representatives will spend approximately 2-4 hours per month or per quarter (including travel time) reviewing nominations and attending the Selection Panel and Award Ceremony.