40 people are interested
Volunteer/virtual teacher - Conversational English
ORGANIZATION: Alfalit International, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
40 people are interested
The Volunteer virtual teacher of our Alfalit Conversational English program provide simple English communication training to individuals for whom English is not their native language. Each ACE class has a lead volunteer teacher, and an assistant volunteer teacher. Receiving applications for both.
Virtual class (online)
- Participate and complete instructor training (8-10 hours)
- Good computer skills
- Effectively use classroom materials for teaching purposes
- Build relationships with the students and their families
Length of Appointment: 3 months - 6 months (we work with semesters of 13 weeks) but the whole program can last up to 6 months, this will depend on the volunteer commitment.
- 1 - 2 day(s) of training
- Student recruitment and placement (will be done online)
- 2 hours per week, 2 times per week (will work with schedule since there is a time difference
- Students are located in DCR (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Qualifications - All Volunteer Instructors must:
- Successfully complete teacher training (provided)
- Be able to commit to an assignment lasting a minimum of 13 weeks
- Be fluent in English
- Be reliable
- Be able to speak clearly to groups and individuals
- Have a desire to help others
- Be caring, kind, pleasant and patient
- Be able to handle different online platforms like Zoom or Microsoft Teams
About Alfalit International, Inc.
3026 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33122, US
Alfalit creates hope and opportunity through literacy and education in order to improve individual lives, raise self-esteem, and share the love of Jesus Christ.
Alfalit International, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization registered in the State of Florida. Founded in 1961, we change lives through literacy, basic education, early childhood development, job skills, and conversational English in Central & South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Portugal, and the United States of America where we focus on the literacy and conversational English needs of adult immigrants. The majority of our students are adults but we also reach out to youth and preschoolers when funding allows us to do so. All of our students are poor and many live in the remotest of areas. Our classes are taught in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Haitian-Creole as well as some indigenous languages. While faith-based, Alfalit welcomes all religious affiliations (or none at all) to join our classes as students and teachers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 24, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Twice per week, at least two hours per class. This is a Conversational English Course for students in DCR (Democratic Republic of the Congo) but the volunteer does not need to speak their native language and it will be a virtual class (online).
- We are a faith-based non-profit organization.