Volunteer Instructor - Conversational English
20 people are interested
The Volunteer Instructor of our (faith-based) Practically Speaking English(c) provides simple English communication training to individuals for whom English is not their native language.
NOTE-This Training is based on the gospel of Christ. Qualifications are minimal, but important, see below. Instructor training is provided.
Location: The Volunteer Instructor will work in a facility in Miami-Dade County based on need, accessibility for students and availability of space. Generally speaking, the instruction will take place in the same location throughout the entire training term.
- Participate and complete instructor training (8-10 hours)
- Team teach classes
- Effectively use classroom materials for teaching purposes
- Build relationships with the students and their families
Length of Appointment: 3 months - 6 months
Time Commitment: 1 - 1 1/2 day(s) of training; Student recruitment and placement (varies); 2 hours per week in the evening, 2 times per week.
Qualifications - All Volunteer Instructors must:
- Have a good command of English language, but English does not have to be your first language
- Be comfortable in a Christian atmosphere
- Be at ease speaking before a group and one-on-one
- Be able to speak clearly
- Desire to help others
- Be caring, kind and pleasant
- Be patient
- Be dependable
- Be honest
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the Coordinator will be available for questions and assistance.
Dress Code: Casual, church-appropriate
We'll work with your schedule.
West Kendall, Homestead, Doral/FontainebleauMiami Dade County, FL 33122
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 months, 1-1.5 days training
- This Training is based on the gospel of Christ