Activity Assistant - Adult Day Center
VaughnGage Healthy Aging Center
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
14 people are interested
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: VaughnGage Holistic Day Program strives to help people remain as independent and living in the community as long as possible. We provide quality care in a safe and supportive setting, where members can actively enjoy the day. The centers offer a unique continuum of care, easing transitions as individual needs change. The Day Program offers two programs at one location: VaughnGage is a program designed for adults who have medical conditions, physical disabilities, cognitive concerns or difficulties functioning at home. We develop personalized care plans to tailor services and activities to individual needs, interests and abilities. Highly trained staff promote independence and peer relationships, provide social activity opportunities, health monitoring and maintenance services, and nutritional snacks and meals. VaughnGage is the only day center in Jersey Village/Cyfair exclusively for adults with Alzheimer’s or other memory loss conditions. This program offers the benefit of programming designed to maintain and encourage cognitive skills for as long as possible.
PRIMARY DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
1. Escort members to and from activity areas.
2. Engage isolated members in one-on-one interactions and individual activities when appropriate.
3. Socialize with members, initiating and maintaining conversation.
4. Assist with day-to-day operation of the Adult Day Center including greeting members, serving meals, socializing, and encouraging group participation.
5. Assist in the planning and/or facilitation of small and large group activities as comfortable.
6. Inform staff if a member needs physical assistance.
7. Participate as a member of the Day Center team, which requires flexibility and planning to meet member needs.
1. Ability, interest and commitment to providing excellent customer service to members, including but not limited to such populations as: Frail Elderly, Physically Disabled, Chronically Mentally Ill, and Developmentally Disabled.
2. Ability to follow directions required.
3. Ability to communicate professionally.
4. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment required.
5. Physical ability for walking, standing, bending, lifting of 5-10 pounds.
6. Ability to present a positive self and organizational image to outside parties required.
1. Attend orientation and training sessions.
2. Treat people with respect and compassion, showing an understanding of the challenges our members face.
3. Familiarize yourself with day center members (names, interests, preferences, etc.).
4. Promote member independence.
5. Participate in forwarding the mission and goals of Catholic Charities.
6. Abide by all policies, procedures and Department Guidelines of Catholic Charities and the Adult Day Center Program
About VaughnGage Healthy Aging Center
17478 Northwest Freeway, Jersey, TX 77040, US
To provide holistic, state of the art care via our day wellness program and to be the one stop shop for seniors and caregivers; providing caregiver respite and support, socialization and stimulating activity for senior adults with various diagnoses.
The Senior Citizens Bureau was created in 1998 to provide critical services to the aging community. Recognizing that an important need of seniors is to receive accurate information about a variety of subjects, we offer comprehensive resources, directories and referrals to those who need them the most. Since its inception the SCB has served 770,000 clients nationally through all programs combined. Key to our success are over 470 volunteers who are the voice and face of the organization.
Our mission is to provide continuing education, information, support services and personal assistance to senior adults, their caregivers and loved ones. The SCB strives to provide peace of mind and assistance to senior adults and those who care for them.