Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts of the USA is the preeminent organization for girls with a current membership of 3.6 million girls and adults. Volunteers use their expertise, skills, interests, and life experience to shape fun and enriching leadership experiences for girls and inspire them to reach their personal best.
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey is looking for a Service Unit Manager to oversee Girl Scouts in the Kenilworth community. As the Service Unit Manager, you will oversee the "business" of the service unit. With the help of council staff and your team of volunteers, you will work to grow Girl Scouts in Kenilworth.
- Attend training to learn the job and participate in ongoing learning opportunities for continuous growth in the position
- Work in partnership with council staff to support leaders in your community
- Create an annual plan of action that includes leader meetings, girl and leader events, recruitment activities and financial planning
- Recruit and evaluate all Service Unit team members
- Oversee and support adult members in the Service Unit Team
- Support to all volunteers through a variety of communication methods
- Coordinate recruitments to recruit volunteers and girls reflective of the diverse community
- Create progressive opportunities to engage girls and adults within the Service Unit
- Computer Skills: Access to e-mail and the internet
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Men are welcome!
- No previous Girl Scout experience needed. Training is provided
- Develop leadership skills in a supportive, fun environment
- Volunteer around your schedule. No minimum hours required.
- Make a difference in the lives of girls
- Gain transferable skills in management, budgeting, and group dynamics
- Access to learning opportunities that only volunteers have access to
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 to 20 hours a month