Buckman SUN Community School is looking for volunteer Classroom Assistants and Academic Mentor for K-5. The program is Monday-Friday, 2:45pm-5:30pm for Classroom Assistants. Academic Mentoring is between 3:30pm to 4:30pm or 4:30pm to 5:30pm. If considering to be an mentor, there is a time commitment of at least 9 weeks.
This opportunity would be excellent for education,special education, sociology, psychology and social work majors. This opportunity is also great for High-School Students who need to fulfill volunteer hour requirements!
The SUN program is apart of Impact NW, a nonprofit dictated to alleviating poverty and helping individuals succeed. If you are interested or possibly know someone who would be interested please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting instructors in our after-school classes.
- Setting up activities, art projects, lessons, etc.
- Desire and ability to work with children to ensure an enriching, positive, and safe classroom setting.
- Ability to effectively work within a strength-based, integrated youth support service delivery system.
- Prepping snack and handing out snack, along with recess duties that include ensuring student safety.
- Looking for folks with a desire to pursue a career in education, counseling, and working with public non-profits.
- For Fall 2019 , we are particularly interested assistants for drama, music (piano and guitar), engineering/computer programming (STEM), LegoRobotics, and Spanish. We are also open to assistants for elementary math, art, sports and fitness, dance, science, etc.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- One day a week for 3 hours
- 9 weeks