Do you need volunteer hours to graduate or fulfill a degree requirement? Do you want help provide academic support to elementary students? Want to see what a public anti-poverty non-profit does a day to day basis? Do you just want to help your community out by volunteering with youth?
This is the opportunity for you!
Position roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting instructors with afterschool classes.
- Setting up activities, art projects, lessons, etc.
- Desire and ability to work with children to ensure an enriching, positive, and safe classroom setting.
- Ability to effectively work within a strength-based, integrated youth support service delivery system.
- Prepping snack for students
- Looking for folks with a desire to pursue a career in education, counseling, and working with public non-profits.
- For fall 2017, we are particularly interested assistants for drama, music (piano and guitar), engineering/computer programming (STEM), LegoRobotics, and Spanish. We are also open to assistants for elementary math, art, sports and fitness, dance, science, etc.
- Able and willing to work during an afterschool program-generally from 3:00-5:30.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week minimum