WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereContact: LSS Community Care Center for details80 E. Hillcrest Dr. #101Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Purpose: The purpose of an Employment Coach is to assist unemployed or underemployed adult clients seeking employment.
* Background in career coaching or human resources is preferred
* Work with a client to earn trust/non-judgmental about client’s situation
* Must be dependable and punctual
* Be courteous and personable when dealing with clients and potential employers
* Respect client’s decisions and goals
* Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, patient and have problem solving abilities
* Respect and maintain confidentiality of Lutheran Social Services clients, employees, volunteers, partners, and donors
* Able to drive and meet clients at our office or public location
* Must be have strong computer skills
The Employment Coach will work with unemployed or underemployed adult clients (homeless and low income) who are seeking employment. The Employment Coach will be responsible for supporting clients in job searches, completing applications, preparing for interviews, creating resumes and cover letters, and other employment related activities. Encourage the clients as they work through each step of reaching their employment goal(s) and keeping them on track with action plans.
Schedule is flexible. Estimate 10-12 hours per month depending on the need level of the client.
The Case Manager/Program Manager will vet the clients for appropriateness and do a warm hand off introduction to the Employment Coach to assist specifically in this area. The Case Manager/Program Manager will also support the Employment Coach with mediation if a client becomes resistant and will work with the Employment Coach to determine if a client should be dismissed from this area of assistance.
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Schedule is flexible. Est. 10-12 hours per month.