JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
JerseysTEM introduces kids to computer Science Education through clubs that run afterschool. We focus on underserved communities and on girls in particular.
The Curriculum Coordinator will:
- develop an afterschhol program of study based on current standards
(foe example: block coding, then Alice, then Python then Java)
- Devise a sequence of classes/workshops for kids grade 5,6,7,8 and high school
- identify projects/challenges/competitions for the students to be involved with
- Organize the the rraining of and train the coaches (volunteer college students)
- Work with the curriculum director to make sure the curricula are up to standard
- Build a team of volunteers.
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours/week
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- SIT: Local Families Engagement...
- LID:Academic Director
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- HRS: Active Professionals...
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- HRS: Job Posting Refresh position
- COA: Mathematics coaching for...
- GWC: Girls Who Code in Chatham
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- ADM:Legal / Para-Legal help for...
- COA: Physics Tutor
- ANA: Statistical Data Warehouse...