SDI is seeking an enthusiastic individual looking to gain experience in event planning and event management. The Event Planning Intern reports to the Director of Development. This intern will provide direct support to the Development Department with the planning and organization of our fall events, including:
- The Workforce, Workplace Disability Summit
- Universal Design Summit 6
- Deer Creek Holiday Party
- Capstone Graduation Ceremony
This internship is an opportunity to develop skills related to event planning and fundraising as well as database management through use of specific software related to non-profit management (Constant Contact and Bloomerang.) Tasks for this position include:
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of meetings and events.
- Assisting in communications around event management including timelines, calendars, reports, etc.
- Assisting with onsite and offsite event management and set-up.
- Observing client intake and event logistics.
- Assisting in on-site event execution to include set up, break-down.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of guests list.
- Other event related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this Internship include:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal (including phone work) and written communication skills.
- Basic computer processing skills including Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Interest in Special Events, Hospitality Industry, and/or Non-Profit Development.
- Must have reliable transportation and consistent cell phone for communication as needed.
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred.
- Previous internship experience is preferred.
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment