This program pairs individual refugee youth in Jefferson County Public Schools with a volunteer tutor. The tutor meets with his or her middle or high school student once a week to practice English, to work on challenging academic subjects, and to provide friendly support and positive feedback. The tutor is also invited to accompany his or her student on monthly field trips to educational sites, such as the Louisville Science Center and the Louisville Zoo, on weekends.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Citizenship Tutor
- Bilingual (Spanish-English)...
- Donations Procurement Assistance...
- Start a Donations Drive
- Donations Organizer
- English as a Second Language Tutor
- Building Futures: Youth Tutors...
- CLIENT TRANSPORTATION
- Special Events Volunteer
- New Beginnings Youth Tutor/Mentor
- Donations Organizer - Warehouse
- Summer Youth Program Volunteer
- Elderly Program Volunteers/Mentors
- Family Center Volunteer
- Grocery Shopper
- Apartment Set-Up