WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3400 Bienville StSuite BNew Orleans, LA 70119
Now accepting Mentors for the 2018-2019 School Year!
What is CIS Mentoring?
Our equation is a simple one - one adult, one child, one lunch a week= 2 Lives Changed
The CIS Mentoring Program gives adult volunteers and youth the opportunity to engage in a mentoring relationship in a structured and safe school based environment.
Who are Mentors?
CIS mentors are responsible adults willing to commit at least four hours a month toward fostering a positive relationship with a young person. To become a mentor you must:
* Be at least 21 years of age
* Complete a mentor application and interview
* Pass a background check and reference check
* Submit a copy of your driver's license
* Complete 3 hour mentor training
* Commit to a match for a minimum of one year
Research has shown that a young person who has a mentor is more likely to:
* Improve self-esteem
* Stay in school
* Improve academic and social skills
* Feel encouraged to develop positive behaviors, attitudes and ambitions
Research has shown that adults who serve as mentors experience:
* Improved health and self-esteem
* A sense of purpose
* A much-needed break from their busy professional lives
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month, 1 hour a week
- Must take place during school hours. Mentor must commit for one school year.