Interpretive Programs Volunteers
Interpretive Programs Volunteers (IPVs) provide learner-centered tours to DIA visitors in the museum and outreach programming in the community.
Applications for the next class (September 2019-June 2020) are now being accepted through August 30, 2019.Requirements
- Application and interview with IPV committee leadership
- Average of two Saturday trainings per month from September 2019 through June 2020
- Ability or willingness to work with a computer
- Upon completion of training, 50 hours and 20 tours per year
- Committee meetings as scheduled
- DIA Membership and annual IPV committee dues
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.dia.org/volunteer
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
5200 Woodward AvenueDetroit, MI 48202
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Visual Arts
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 50 volunteer hours per fiscal year plus required minimum tours and talks.
- Application, Initial interview, selection, and background check; Full day training approximately 2 Saturdays per month plus on-going training; Committee meetings as scheduled; Annual committee dues; DIA membership