The Child Poverty Collaborative is seeking energetic, organized, people to provide quality improvement coaching to the learning collaborative team members. Quality improvement coaches will have the following duties:
- Educate and coach one to two Learning Collaborative teams on quality improvement tools and processes, following the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Model for Improvement.
- Assist team(s) as they develop their technical quality improvement skills and capacity,
- Facilitate weekly sessions with assigned team(s) to coach and support the team(s) as they develop an aim, define their current process/ state to discover opportunities for change, establish measurement routines, and work through Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycles.
- Challenge teams has they develop, implement, and learn from testing cycles,
- Add insights to support the development of learning calls and learning sessions across testing teams by participating in monthly coaching calls
The ideal volunteers have expertise in quality improvement in their industry in addition to teaching quality improvement, coaching quality improvement teams and experience working with change processes. Volunteers must be comfortable with working in lower income communities.
This opportunity will take place on weekdays during typical business hours, but scheduling can be flexible and meetings can be done remotely (video/ call conferencing).
Other QI opportunities are also available.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-6+ hours per month, Fall 2017 - Spring 2019