ESL Program Assistant
Institute for Immigrant Concerns
IIC is looking for a qualified and efficient program assistant.
- assist administrator with emails, phone calls, scheduling, document preparation etc.
- learn IIC ESL Program and play a role as the gateway for prospective students
- answer students' questions about the program, help students register and follow up upon payment during registration
- report to administrator
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience working in educational field or administration
- Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work remotely with flexibility
- Passionate about serving the immigrant community
About Institute for Immigrant Concerns
122 W 27th St, Floor 10, New York, NY 10001, US
The mission of the Institute for Immigrant Concerns is providing adult immigrants and refugees of all nationalities with English language skills, as well employment preparation and placement, so that they can gain social and economic independence. In addition we provide pro bono psychological services to refugees and those who most need it. The Institute is a citywide program, attracting students who reside in every borough of New York City.
Since its inception in 1997, the Institute has provided services to more than 8,000 immigrants, refugees, and asylees from 110 countries. Annually, we serve over 500 immigrants in New York, 25% of whom are refugees and asylees. The Institute offers English classes on three instructional levels, as well as conversation, pronunciation, and computer classes. We are currently co-located with a local worker's education non-profit.