* help us assess the best libraries/plug-ins and strategize the system architecture and information design.
* evaluate developer applicants, review the work of the developer and give feedback.
* do coding of new pages and features
If you're able to do one of the above and not the others, we can still consider you for this role.
Telecommuting virtually from anywhere in the world is possible. The times of day you do the work are totally flexible.
Here are some of our websites that are live, in beta or in initial development. They fall into three broad groups:
1) a group of innovative websites and apps to help nonprofits and their supporters raise money for the good work they do. Here is a sample of a nonprofit’s page at one of the websites, named Volunteerathon:
Here is a sample of a volunteer’s fundraising page: https://vton__fundraiser2.surge.sh/fundraiser/
Another website is Quitathon, where a person quits something that's not good for them and donates some or all of the saved money or time to charity: https://quitathon.surge.sh/nonprofit/ . We have many other great ideas for these kinds of apps that all nonprofits and their supporters can use.
2) a project to free some of the world's 25 million modern-day slaves -http://www.virtualrailroad.org. After the above is done, we plan to also do others such as: http://bit.do/Freeathon, http://bit.do/seeourslaves and http://bit.do/EmancipationProclamation. They will all be at domains that correspond with their name such as Freeathon.org.
3) an existing website that provides news related to making the world a better place covering various topics including nonprofits, human rights, extreme poverty, climate change, giving and volunteering: http://DailySource.org. This site has existed for over 10 years. You can see a few of the team members here: http://DailySource.org/about/team.
If you're interested, please let us know what your past computer experience and current skills are. If you can include a resume (as a link or an attachment), or paste a link to a LinkedIn profile, that would help. Thanks.