JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
In this role the Help Desk Support Specialist will be r esponsible for providing technical assistance and support related to applications used by JerseySTEM. Responds to end-users queries, runs reports, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
- Knowledge of G suite
- Working knowledge of Office software products
- Application software troubleshooting and problem solving
- knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- FreshDesk Support Helpdesk
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond to requests received through the IT help desk
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Report issues to IT Admin or Web Development Teams for escalation
- Assign users to proper Google groups and team drive
- Run reports