Internship - Holiday gift program
The Armful of Love holiday gift program run by 360 Communities helps provide gifts during the holiday season to families who are facing financial hardship. The program also provides a connection for these families to other 360 Communities services including our network of Food Shelves, Partners for Success and the two Lewis House shelters.
We are looking for an intern to help assist during this program, which runs from mid-October to mid- December.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Assist in the recruiting, coordinating, training and advising volunteers throughout the program
- Be a resource to the Lead Volunteers who are involved in:
- Scheduling family interview appointments
- Qualifying the families into the program
- Matching sponsors with families
- Setting up the warehouse for gift drop off and pick up
- Distribution of the gifts to families
- Thank you cards
- 18 years or older
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi task and problem solve in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Solid computer shills, including using Microsoft office, excel, and web based programs
- Ability to interact respectfully with persons of various ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to understand and respect confidentiality
- Must be dependable and available on a regular weekly basis, Monday through Friday between 9 am and 4 pm.
Fall 2019, preferably mid-September through late December.
Approximately 10 - 20 hours per week for 12 to 14 weeks, 150 - 250 hours total.
Please complete the 360 Communities Volunteer Interest Form on our website by going to: https://www.360communities.org/volunteer/volunteer-interest-form/ or by calling Sue Lewis, Volunteer Manager at 952.985.4017
501 E Highway 13,Suite 112Burnsville, MN 55337
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Project Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10 – 20 hours per week for 12 to 14 weeks
- 18 years or older, computer skills, confidential, respectful, multi task, detailed, outgoing, friendly