Use your skills to fight hunger! Volunteer for Admin Support to our Corporate Team
DONATE TO THIS
16 people are interested
Are you passionate about the mission of Second Harvest Food Bank? Do you have excellent computer entry and other administrative skills? If so, the Corporate Development team at Second Harvest needs you!
This is a great opportunity to use your admin skills to support the team responsible for corporate fundraising. Help support the team that makes it possible for the food bank to feed over 257,000 people each month!
- Organize donor information for the Corporate Development Team
- Enter notes and data into the database to document donor communications
- Assist with greeting corporate volunteer groups
- Giving tours of our Cypress facility
- Miscellaneous light admin duties as needed
- You will receive training required for this position
- Commit to at least 4 hours a week during business hours (M-F between 8-5)
- Enjoy speaking to small groups of people
- Enjoy educating volunteers and employees about what we do at the Food Bank
- Comfortable with data entry
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English
- Be timely and dependable
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database is a plus
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to promote the mission and activities of SHFB with enthusiasm.
Hours are flexible but must be agreed with the work supervisor.
This is a unique chance to use the skills and expertise you developed over your career to support our mission. We are grateful for your participation in our services, projects, and events. Together we can solve hunger.
Second Harvest Food Bank4001 N. First StreetSan Jose, CA 95134
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 4+ hours weekly