Community Volunteer, Visitor Greeter and Front Desk Assistant
12 people are interested
Our Community Volunteers at Operation Smile Global Headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA are such an integral part of our team. They help us accomplish our goal of delivering safe surgery to all of our patients. Without our volunteers, a child would not receive blankets or toys, our medical program volunteers would not have patient charts, our visitors would miss the opportunity to be greeted with a smile, and we could not meet our daily administrative needs at Global Headquarters. If changing the lives of patients and families across the globe speaks to you, then please come join our Operation Smile Family! We are looking for passionate volunteers who believe that every person deserves safe surgery and that every person plays a part, no matter how small, in accomplishing our mission.
- Welcome visitors and request sign-in at front desk log
- Direct visitors questions to appropriate staff person or program
- Answer and forward calls
- Sign-off on staff lunch deliveries and notify applicable person
- We are looking for 5-7 committed volunteers to rotate and help cover the front desk while our receptionist takes a lunch break
- We need coverage for any day during the work week, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
- We will sometimes need 4 hours of coverage outside of the lunch break to help cover employee vacation
- We would prefer a 1-3 month commitment, or longer if volunteer is interested
- Please contact our Community Volunteer Coordinator at Michelle.Joyner@operationsmile.org if you are interested in this volunteer opportunity. Please have a resume or CV prepared.
- Orientation and Training will be provided before you start your volunteer role.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Operation Smile Global Headquarters3641 Faculty BoulevardVirginia Beach, VA 23453
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- During the work week, 2 hours