Be a part of our Students Exploring the Environment and Discovering Science (SEEDS) program this spring!
- SEEDS*: Nature Detectives (or SEEDS4): Each class will have a "main leader" with whom they will do intro, mid-day, and wrap-up activities related to exploration and ecosystems. The rest of the visit students will be trying to gather evidence of as many living things as possible, so they will rotate among stations focused on particular taxa. Each main leader will also lead one of the following stations to help students find living things.
- General exploration
- SEEDS*: Watershed Detectives (or SEEDS7): The stations are as follows...
- Abiotic water quality station (led by staff but need volunteer helpers!)
- Biotic water quality station (led by staff but need volunteer helpers!)
- Scavenger hunt station (need station lead and helper)
- Macroinvertebrate Mayhem (need station lead and helper)
- Discover Wildlife Journeys (DWJ): The stations are as follows...
- Track Your Neighbors (tracks)
- Bird Cafeteria (terrestrial inverts)
- How's the Water? (water quality)
- Tools of the Trade (birds)
Previous teaching experience welcomed, but not necessary. Training will be provided. Only requirement is enthusiasm and willingness to learn!
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment