Client Intake Volunteer -- Oceanside (Libby Lake neighborhood)
22 people are interested
A client intake volunteer is essential to the service Interfaith offers to people in the community. You will be the connection to resources for clients who need assistance with basic needs, vital documents, prescriptions, employment services, transportation, public benefits, and more. With empathy and resourcefulness, you support the goal of moving clients from crisis to self-sufficiency.
Experience hope now -- volunteer with the people of Interfaith. Changing their lives will change yours!
Available Shifts (one shift or multiple shifts available per week): Weekdays: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Provide direct service to clients including assessment, referrals, and crisis intervention.
- Provide guidance and support to help clients identify their own strengths and resources.
- Work with a client advocate to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Identify resources and advocate for clients’ needs.
- Link and network clients with resources within Interfaith and utilize other public and private social service agencies as necessary.
- Engage with and impact your community in a hopeful way, making a difference every day.
- See the positive results of your contribution of time and talents.
- Experience working in a professional business office environment.
- Become familiar with community resources and services.
- Interact with a diverse population of community members.
- Résumé building experience and networking opportunities.
We'll work with your schedule.
4700 N. River Road, OceansideOceanside, CA 92057
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Weekdays: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm (one shift or multiple shifts per week available)
- Established experience in client care/customer relations required.