Client Intake Volunteer -- Carlsbad; Oceanside
24 people are interested
CLIENT INTAKE SPECIALIST -- CARLSBAD; OCEANSIDE
An intake volunteer is essential to the service Interfaith offers to people in our community. You will be the connection to resources for families and individuals who need assistance with basic needs, vital documents, prescriptions, employment services, transportation, public benefits, and more. With empathy and resourcefulness, an intake volunteer provides intake, assessment, and referrals for currently homeless and low-income populations, with the goal of moving clients from crisis to self-sufficiency.
* Vannessa Marshall, Employment Services Program Manager (Carlsbad)
* Yuridia Sevastian, Site Supervisor (Oceanside)
* This is an ongoing (6+ months), weekly commitment or school internship.
* One shift per week or multiple shifts per week.
* Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm (Carlsbad)
* Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm (Oceanside)
* Provide direct service to clients including assessment, referrals, and crisis intervention.
* Provide guidance and support to help clients identify their own strengths and resources.
* Work with a client advocate to ensure clients’ needs are met.
* Identify resources and advocate for clients’ needs.
* Link and network clients with resources within Interfaith and utilize other public and private social service agencies as necessary.
* Attend and participate in mandatory training sessions
* Maintain accurate file notes and ensure the highest standards of client confidentiality at all times.
* Utilize our database to input results from daily client registrations, assessments, and services delivered.
* Assume other duties as delegated by staff supervisor.
Training and Support:
* Volunteer Services provides general orientation on services and programs provided by Interfaith Community Services.
* Ongoing oversight from supervising staff to provide direction, training and feedback on specific program and department activities, procedures, priorities, performance, and agency updates.
* Office equipment including telephone system, photocopy machine, computer equipment, etc.
* HIPAA guidelines.
* Mandated Reporter training.
* Must clear criminal background check.
* Experience in social services preferred.
* Established experience in customer care / client relations required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including vocabulary, grammar and spelling in English.
* Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to easily work with a diverse population.
* Demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and empathy when working with clients and visitors.
* Ability to establish quick rapport with clients.
* Knowledge of mental illness and substance abuse.
* Absolute solid values: honest, loyal, hardworking, and sincere.
* Accomplish assignments successfully through your professionalism, leadership skills, wisdom, initiative, good judgment, and strong attention to detail.
* Proficient with computer applications and databases (e.g., MS Office - Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint; Web-based applications).
* FBI / DOJ Background check
* Engage with and impact your community in a hopeful way, making a difference every day.
* See the positive results of your contribution of time and talents.
* Experience working in a professional business office environment.
* Become familiar with community resources and services.
* Interact with a diverse population of community members.
* Résumé building experience and networking opportunities.
Visit our website, www.interfaithservices.org/volunteer to view the full job description and to contact us for more information.
About Interfaith Community Services
550 West Washington Ave., Escondido, CA 92025, US
Interfaith Community Services empowers people in need to stabilize and improve their lives through comprehensive programs, in partnership with diverse faith communities and people of compassion.
Interfaith is the largest social services agency in North San Diego County from the coastal City of Oceanside to the inland communities south and east of our Escondido headquarters. We empower people in need to stabilize and improve their lives through our comprehensive programs. We are able to support our community thanks to the dedication of hundreds of diverse faith communities, thousands of volunteers, and over 140 dedicated staff.
We'll work with your schedule.
5731 Palmer WayCarlsbad, CA 92010
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Established experience in client care/customer relations required.