Board Member: Treasurer
3 people are interested
To provide an accepting environment for young people living with a disability to make friends and engage with the community.
A world where everyone values those who have different abilities.
The Treasurer shall cause regular books of account to be kept, and shall render to the Board of Directors, from time to time as may be required, an account of the financial condition of the Corporation, shall deliver an annual report at the annual meeting, and shall perform all other duties properly required of the Treasurer by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer is nominated and voted on in this case to hold office for about 18months when the fiscal year ends June 30, 2021. Nominee once elected is eligible for re-election for one additional consecutive two-year term.
The Treasurer is required, as possible, to attend the 6 board meetings for the year (Sep, Nov, Jan, Mar, May, Jun), support the annual fundraising event in April, and support the Board President and Executive Director as needed.
- Financial background (CPA certification preferred)
- Understanding of Quick books essential
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer (limited, this is a small nonprofit)
- General understanding of financial accounting for a nonprofit organization
- Serves as Chair of the Finance Committee, meetings a few times over the year as needed
- Ensures that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Assists the Executive Director and financial manager in preparing the annual budget, and presenting the budget to the Board for approval (possibly 2 meetings)
- If possible, recommend Fiscal Policies to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Keeps currently informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Accounting for nonprofit organizations and tax assistance.
1087 Elm StreetSuite 257Manchester, NH 03101
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- 3-6hrs a month
- subject to change on busy times but likely close