Caring Circles is a community development and engagement program whereby members will serve nearly 1500 isolated seniors in Maricopa County through friendly home visits, referrals for services, telephone reassurance, and cultivation of neighborhood awareness and volunteer support for neighbors in need so they may remain safe and healthy in their homes. Members will provide advocacy to these neighbors at high risk for loss of independence who are on the waiting list for an assessment for home and community based services. Members will work to build neighborhood capacity and support for seniors through leveraging volunteers to engage in service to their neighbors, encouraging assistance with identified needs including (but not limited to) personal care, access to adequate food, transportation, and companionship.
Individual and Group Volunteers will serve social support needs of isolated, homebound seniors and individuals with chronic illness and disabilities throughout Maricopa County.
Social Isolation and Loneliness have significant impacts on health, but we all can help make a difference in the lives of seniors to improve their well-bring. Help us create a circle of care around seniors in need in our community today by volunteering!
Volunteers are matched with a senior in need based on geographic location (by zipcode). This is a flexible position; volunteers complete a brief application noting availability and interests.
Complete a brief application: choose individual or group application
- Note your availability (weekday, evening, and weekends available)
- Select Activities of Interest, which may include: friendly visits, telephone reassurance call, grocery shopping assistance, or transportation for errands or medical appointments. For more information on these positions, please see "Position Description Handout"
- Sign up for an Orientation: In person the 1 st Tuesday of every month 4-5 PM.
- Background check and Level I fingerprint card required.
- Get Matched with a Senior in Need! You will be contacted by a Care Circle Coordinator to get started once the above steps are completed
Group Opportunities available for corporate, social, faith-based, philanthropic, student organizations, etc. Contact us for special project details, which may include creating and delivering a food box or lunch, creating greeting cards, hosting holiday related outings, and much more!
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training