Caring Circles is a community development and engagement program whereby members will serve nearly 1500 isolated seniors in Maricopa County through friendly home visits, referrals for services, telephone reassurance, and cultivation of neighborhood awareness and volunteer support for neighbors in need so they may remain safe and healthy in their homes. Members will provide advocacy to these neighbors at high risk for loss of independence who are on the waiting list for an assessment for home and community based services. Members will work to build neighborhood capacity and support for seniors through leveraging volunteers to engage in service to their neighbors, encouraging assistance with identified needs including (but not limited to) personal care, access to adequate food, transportation, and companionship.
Provide supportive services such as: friendly home visits, reassurance phone calls, identification of community resources and creation of care circle to build support capacity
- Identify any needs related to hunger and provide support, education and resources
- Recruit, train, and assign volunteers to assist clients
- Supervise and provide ongoing support and recognition to volunteers
- Collect and maintain data for program
- Maintain volunteer time records
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform in a manner that is supportive of the cultural needs of the population (s) served by the program or service
- Must be 55 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen or U.S. National or have status as a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
- Please note that final candidates will be required to successfully pass a background check before being officially enrolled by the Area Agency on Aging.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Ability to recruit, supervise and empower a team of volunteers to be effective in their roles
- Comfort with community outreach to promote awareness and build capacity of Care Circles
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with or willingness to learn technology utilization (email, voicemail, etc.)
- Must have ability to work with diverse groups of people and serve as a team member
- Reliable transportation and possession of a valid Arizona Drivers License.
- Participate in a comprehensive 56 hour Orientation and Training
- Participate in monthly AmeriCorps Member meetings
As a part-time AmeriCorps member, you serve 900 +and receive: $6265.00 Stipend/LivingAllowance; $2865.00 education award, upon successful completion of service (this award is transferrable to your child, grandchild or foster child); training and professional development opportunities; AmeriCorps Uniform and Area Agency on Aging T-Shirt; FICA, Worker’s Compensation, mileage reimbursement, and an enriching experience!
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training