The Baltimore Job Hunters Support Group (BJHSG), a volunteer-led group that provides emotional and spiritual support to the unemployed, is expanding to include a formal program of coaching, advocacy, counseling, mutual mentoring, volunteering, and connection to resources, for all persons seeking employment search assistance, with emphasis on long-term unemployed workers (defined as those who have been seeking employment for 6 months or more without success) affected by the Great Recession and those who are age 45-50+ workers.
We are looking for a Board Development Coordinator and Liaison. This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in the nonprofit sector to gain valuable experience. The Coordinator will assist the BJHSG group leaders to assemble an advisory board, set up 3 virtual board meetings per year, act as project manager for special projects, and assist in fundraising and grant research and writing efforts. Work can be performed from remote location and in-person if local. Looking for 9-12 month commitment. Opportunity can be used for internship hours. Come be a part of the movement to get people back to work!
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week
- Interest in progressive social issues; Excellent interpersonal skils
- Millennial Navigators Group...
- Special Events/Fundraising...
- Social Media Manager
- Advisory Board Coordinator and...
- Baltimore Job Hunters Support...
- Job Counselor/Coach
- Resume Coach
- Event Chair and Committee...
- Career Book Club Moderators
- Director of Development, Corner...
- TV Pitch Person and Producer
- Research Assistant
- Sign Language Interpreters...
- Data Entry Specialist