3 people are interested
In-kind Donations Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE in DENVER
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Apply for this position with a cover letter and resume, using the IRC Online Application: https://rescueglobal.secure.force.com/volunteer/
The IRC's Fall 2021 Volunteer Program runs August 30 - December 17, 2021
Application Deadline for Fall 2021 Internships is June 30, 2021.
In-Kind Donation Coordinator
Work with the volunteer and external relations coordinator to manage, track and distribute in-kind donations.
Number of intern positions available: 1
Time commitment: 10 hours per week minimum
- Work with resettlement team to identify what items newly arrived refugees need
- Prepare donations for new arrivals
- Work with local businesses, donors and other community supporters to procure needed items
- Facilitate donation drives and volunteer donation sorting events
- Manage incoming donation inquiries and have an understanding of our current inventory, capacity and needs
- Record the in-kind value of all donations coming and going from office
- Data entry
General internship requirements:
- 3-4 month commitment. Hours per week varies by position
- Hours must be completed during normal business hours (i.e. Monday-Friday between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm unless otherwise stated)
- Enrollment in a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree program or pursuing a relevant career
- An interest in international and refugee issues
- Must be reliable and willing to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be flexible and willing to help other teams and departments as needed
- A willingness to learn about the diverse ethnic backgrounds of clients and adhere to IRC volunteer and workplace policies
- Ability and willingness to drive clients to and from appointments and/or help teach clients to take public transportation
- Proficiency in other languages, particularly Arabic, Somali, Farsi, Dari or Swahili highly desirable
About INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE in DENVER
1873 S. Bellaire St., 5th Floor, Denver, CO 80222, US
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and regain control of their future.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in the U.S. and around the world to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster as they survive, recover and regain control of their future. We are one of the nine national resettlement agencies that partner with the U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to provide services to refugees approved for resettlement through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
The International Rescue Committee provides opportunities for refugees, asylees, victims of human trafficking, survivors of torture, and other immigrants to thrive in America. Each year, thousands of people, forced to flee violence and persecution, are welcomed by the people of the United States into the safety and freedom of America. These individuals have survived against incredible odds. The IRC works with government bodies, civil society actors, and local volunteers to help them translate their past experiences into assets that are valuable to their new communities. In Denver and other offices across the country, the IRC helps them to rebuild their lives.
1873 S. Bellaire St.Suite 500Denver, CO 80228
April 8, 2022
- Critical Thinking
- Inventory Management
- Community Outreach
- Supply Chain
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week