Youth Program Outside Activities Intern
This position will work directly with IRC Denver staff, clients, and community providers to identify camps, summer programs, and other resources for refugee youth.
- Number of intern positions available: 2
- Start date: ASAP/Summer 2018
- Time Commitment: 6-8 hours per week
- Work with YMCA contact to organize summer programs for IRC clients
- Arrange transportation for children to and from programs
- Enroll each eligible client in appropriate summer camp (if not centralized in one location)
- Provide updates and raise any concerns to youth program lead intern
- Utilizes youth programming group for cross-team collaboration and communication
- Manage community partnerships with organizations that have existing youth programs; research and outreach to potential partners
- Develop programming that address youth programing service gaps
- Help develop the Youth Resource Fair
- Preferred Skills:
- Organization, determination and flexibility
- Learning Objective:
- The Youth Program Outside Activities Intern will help bridge the gap between outside community resources already working with youth and the IRC Denver office. They will gain skills in program development, resource building and strengthening, organization, and educating outside resources about refugee resettlement and working with refugee youth. They will also build rapport with families to conduct focus groups to find out clients/youth needs, and then connect them to resources.
- Resource Development / Management
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15 hours per week
- Housing & logistics intern
- Digital Literacy Intern
- Case management intern
- Case Management -- School...
- Youth program outside activities...
- Employment Case Management Intern
- Cultural Orientation Intern
- Psychosocial support program...
- In-home ESL program intern
- Job Readiness Intern
- Digital literacy mentor
- ESL Coordination Intern
- Asylee Outreach Intern