Case Management Intern
The case management team is the first point of contact for newly arrived refugees and offers support, guidance and counseling through all stages of resettlement. This position works side by side with caseworkers to provide initial services to orient refugees to life in the U.S., including-but not limited to-applying for social security cards and Colorado ID cards, and linking refugees to internal and mainstream services.
- Number of intern positions available: 2
- Start date: ASAP/Summer 2018
- Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week
- Assist with pre-arrival logistics including securing and setting up housing, purchasing groceries and housing supplies, and other related tasks
- Assist clients to get their school-age children enrolled in school and learn bus routes to and from school
- Assist with obtaining social security cards, applying for, understanding and navigating public benefits
- Facilitate access to additional community resources for individuals and families
- Provide additional support for families of families of high risk or who have heightened needs
- Provide transportation and accompany clients to and from appointments
- Help organize case files
- Preferred Skills:
- Proactive, strong interest in clients' well-being, ability to work independently, flexible, attention to detail
- Learning Objective:
Intern will gain experience navigating public benefits, build exceptional intercultural communication skills, balance clients' interests with self-sufficiency plan, time management, working independently, problem solving.
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours per week
- Willingness to take clients to appointments in own vehicle
- Housing & logistics intern
- Digital Literacy Intern
- Case management intern
- Case Management -- School...
- Youth program outside activities...
- Employment Case Management Intern
- Cultural Orientation Intern
- Psychosocial support program...
- In-home ESL program intern
- Job Readiness Intern
- Digital literacy mentor
- ESL Coordination Intern
- Asylee Outreach Intern