Description: Give full time caregivers a break by visiting with seniors. Caregivers give their time and energy to keep their loved ones healthy and safe, but this responsibility can take its toll. Respite volunteers allow caregivers to take time for themselves to take care of errands, get caught up on chores, or simply relax and have time to themselves.
About Us: East Side Elders helps our seniors live full and rewarding lives - in the home and community they want - for as long as possible and as healthy and well as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.
Hours: 2-4 hours per week, time is flexible
Must pass a background check
Must be willing to learn about helping seniors with memory loss or other issues
Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a caring, courteous manner
At least 18 years old
Gain experience working with seniors and people dedicated to helping seniors
Make a difference in the lives of seniors in the community
Learn about the challenges and joys of caregiving
If you are interested in this position, please contact us:
463 Maria Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Applications can be filled out online:
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteer Handyperson
- Socialize with a Senior
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Volunteer Housekeeper
- Yard Work Volunteer for Elders
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Volunteer Attorney
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Shopping Volunteer
- Respite Volunteer
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Shovel Snow for Seniors in the...
- Senior Social Club Volunteer
- Provide Relief to Primary...
- Volunteer Blogger
- Collect Gloves and Hats for...
- Elders Lodge Wellness Center...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Nursing Student Volunteer