Sr. Manager of Membership, Communications Strategy
The purpose of In Her Shoes Foundation (IHSF) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: CMO
Position Summary: The Senior Manager of Membership, Communications Strategy is expected to oversee and manage IHSF’s membership activities working in collaboration with the Senior Manager of Membership, CRM Strategy. Together, these Membership leaders will work toward the goal of driving a superior member experience, increasing membership acquisition and retention, and enhancing membership connections and engagement. This position ensures that Membership-related activities are executed efficiently and in a timely manner, with use of automation where possible, and that the entire Membership team is committed to a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for membership and associated revenues.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for proactive, year-round membership communications, promotions, and events to position IHSF as a forward-thinking organization; drive member recruiting and retention; empower and connect new and existing members; monitor ongoing member satisfaction; and promote IHSF programs. This plan must work in tandem with the strategic plan for full roll-out and utilization of IHSF’s CRM system (to be developed by Sr. Manager of Membership, CRM Strategy).
- Oversee strategic direction, and coordinate with event planning staff, to ensure membership events are properly coordinated and occurring at appropriate intervals. Specifically, develop a strategy for IHSF’s Happy (to Give Back) Hour, including determining frequency, location, and theme(s).
- Work in partnership with the CMO and Director of Marketing & Communications to refine member communications strategies and implementation schedules based on overarching goals of IHSF and on-going marketing initiatives.
- Actively utilize MailChimp to design and develop email campaigns targeted toward members and prospective members, including templates/automated emails to announce recurring (monthly/quarterly) events.
- Develop written content to be utilized in eMail blasts, event invitations, and other member communications.
- Coordinate with creative staff in development of graphics and/or other marketing collateral needed to support member and/or prospective member communications strategies.
- As needed, design and author member communications such as annual reports, quarterly newsletters, etc.
- Ensure that key learnings, metrics, analytics, and data insights from marketing campaigns are communicated through regular reporting to CEO and CMO; and that campaign parameters are adjusted, as needed, based on analytics.
- Ensure projects, campaigns, events and related communications are implemented within appropriate timeframes, especially monthly or quarterly recurring activities.
- Partner with Director of Marketing & Communications to provide input on social media strategy, especially the concept of developing reciprocity with like-minded organizations to engage members and/or prospective members.
- Coordinate with IHSF Directors and/or Project Managers to maximize registration, ticket sales, etc. for member programs and/or fundraising events.
- Analyze monthly membership report (provide by Sr. Manager of Membership, CRM Strategy), which will include membership metrics, retention rates, list of members/names, current status, renewal dates, monthly and/or yearly increase/decrease notes, membership durations, etc. to gain an understanding of trends/growth and other insights.
- Foster a solution-oriented and customer-centric approach to any Membership-related issues, including member registration and auto-renewal process, member questions or complaints, survey feedback, etc. Promptly troubleshoot and/or resolve issues through proactive communications and coordination with appropriate parties to ensure member satisfaction.
- Build and oversee a team of dedicated Membership marketing staff.
- Strong writing skills and experience with developing content marketing strategies.
- Advanced project-management and customer-service skills, with the ability to develop and execute short and long term plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to collaborate across divisions and departments to implement processes and achieve results.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communication of best practices.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set. Ability to be hands-on, as required, and to delegate when possible.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong familiarity with email service providers (ESPs), especially MailChimp.
- Some familiarity or experience with databases and/or CRM systems.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to Hr.email@example.com.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Project Manager
- Manager of Fundraising/Corporate...
- East Garfield Park Opportunity...
- Legal Council
- Near Southside Opportunity to...
- Sr. Manager, Communication
- Forest Park, IL Opportunity to...
- Finance Manager
- Southside-based Opportunity to...
- Executive Director
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Representative
- Finance Coordinator
- Human Resources Manager
- IHSF Blogger
- IT Specialist
- Director of Human Resources
- Grant Writer
- Executive Assistant to the...