This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who enjoys making acquaintances with new people as well as researching potential prospects for a nonprofit. Duties include:
- Develop a portfolio of primary donor prospects.
- Manage and develop donor prospects and develop
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Work collaboratively with Executive Director of Brush With the Law and Board officers. Offer prospect strategy counsel to the president, vice president, development and advancement staff who are managing other prospects. Be a resource for development/advancement staff, from identifying potential volunteer connections to knowing about meeting and event spaces in key locations.
- Focus on securing support for different community projects, programs and exhibitions of Brush With the Law. Provide counsel to the Executive Director on outreach programming in the Major Gift Volunteers primary territory.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Varies. Can work at own pace. Minimum 5 hours week
- Knowledge of Wealth Engine, fundraising, successful donor strategy