International Programs Coordinator
Coordinator, International Programs - INTERNSHIP (unpaid)
(begins July or August 2020)
United Planet is looking for an intern to join our international team and help coordinate our international volunteer programs. This position, in the Boston office, involves various responsibilities in our Quest Department, which focuses on "Quests" (programs) that are from 1 week to 1 year in duration in over 30 countries. This is a great opportunity for those interested in gaining experience in the education abroad, service-learning, or the non-profit field.
Support our International Program Manager(s) in their daily work of coordinating international volunteer programs for outgoing and incoming volunteers.
Duration of Internship (flexible)
- 12 months - 30 to 40 hours per week
- January to December
- 6 months - 30 to 40 hours per week
- January to June
- July to December
- Promote United Planet programs via email and phone to potential volunteers and parents
- Assist with the preparation of the weekend-long Pre-Departure Training for all outgoing volunteers
- Prepare training materials for volunteers
- Assist with coordinating and preparing outgoing volunteers for their programs abroad
- Assist volunteers in the visa application process
- Assist as needed in other operations and programs, including, but not limited to "incoming" US programs for international volunteers coming to the US
- Administrative tasks, as needed
Desired experience (in order of importance)
- Experience with customer service via email and/or phone
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and attention to detail in past experiences
- Highly organized with the ability to stay on top of tasks
- Previous volunteering or community service experience preferred
- Previous international travel experience preferred
- Spanish, Germany, or English fluency preferred
- Gain experience working on an international team
- Work in a friendly and dedicated environment and be mentored by experienced managers
- Gain valuable and transferable skills
- Assist in building a global non-governmental organization which will make an increasingly positive impact in the world for many years to come
- After completion of your time on staff at UP, you will receive the opportunity to participate in United Planet’s International Volunteer (Quest) Programs at cost for life!
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this is a volunteer/unpaid position.
About United Planet
256 Marginal Street, Boston, MA 02128, US
United Planet is a non-profit organization with a mission to create a global community, one relationship at a time. We connect volunteers who want to make a difference with communities in over 30 countries, where they learn, teach, work, engage, and immerse themselves in a culture outside their comfort zone. For many, it’s the most fulfilling experience of their lives.
A United Planet Quest is truly the ultimate educational adventure combining all elements of cultural learning, exploration, and humanitarian service. By working closely with the local people, United Planet volunteers make a positive difference in a range of areas, such as orphan care, education, healthcare, environmental conservation, housing for the poor, and so much more.
United Planet Quests enable volunteers to broaden global perspectives and cross-cultural understanding, improve foreign language skills, work in international teams, develop leadership skills, and most importantly, build lifelong friendships
Please visit United Planet at unitedplanet.org, email: email@example.com, or call 1-617-874-8041 to learn more.