Coweta CASA volunteers advocate for children that have been removed from their homes due to neglect and abuse.
They do this by:
- gathering information about the child's situation
- attending court proceedings
- making a recommendation to the judge to help the court make a sound decision about the child's future
Many workers in the child welfare system are often too overburdened to give detailed attention to each child. A CASA volunteer can give the child what others
do not have - TIME.
These children deserve a safe permanent home. Help make a difference - one child at a time. Speak up for an abused or neglected child in court.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One year or until case closes