The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is an expanded learning time nonprofit serving over 2300 K-12 students per year. Our mission is to provide the low-income youth of our community with the opportunities they need to achieve success in school.
We are currently seeking volunteer tutors to support at-risk high school youth in our community with academics. Tutors will help students with homework. Open hours are Mondays-Thursdays from 3:30-6:00 pm, approximately. While hours are flexible, we require a minimum commitment of 1 hour per week for a 10 week period. Our tutoring opportunities with high school aged youth take place at BGCP's Redwood City Teen Center and East Palo Alto Clubhouse.
- Be consistent in attendance
- Be flexible with students’ needs
- Work to ensure students understand concepts and complete homework assignments
- Ask leading questions & check for understanding
- Be respectful to students and staff
- Collaborate with staff to ensure student success
- Commit to 1 hour a week for a 10 week period
- Online application & background check
- Attend a one-time hour-long orientation
- Genuine interest in serving youth and closing the opportunity gap
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer for 1 hour a week
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Volunteer Youth Academic Tutors...
- Become a "Future Grads" College...
- Evening Van Driver for Boys and...
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- 49ers Flag Football League...
- After-School Tutor for Local...
- Academic Youth Development...
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Volunteer Copy-editor Needed...
- Work with Kids! Summer...
- College Mentor for Boys and...
- 1-1 Tutors Needed (Once a Week)