South Bronx United Inc. (SBU) is a sports-based youth development organization that uses soccer as a tool for social change. SBU’s mission is to prepare youth to succeed in high school, college, careers, their community and beyond. SBU serves more than 1,000 boys and girls annually through programming on the field and in the classroom. South Bronx United seeks a Director of College Placement and Alumni to work with the SBU Academy program. The SBU Academy provides a pathway from middle school to high school to college to careers for 160 youth, combining competitive, travel soccer with academic enrichment and tutoring, college prep, mentoring, leadership development, immigration legal services, and individual case management.
SBU is seeking a Strategic Development Intern to work closely with the organization's Executive Director on long term strategic planning, facility development, and fund development projects. An ideal candidate will have an interest in nonprofit management, business management, community development, fundraising, government relations, and/or real estate. The intern will spent time in the office completing analysis and research as well as in the community scoping potential opportunities for development. The intern will also attend committee meetings for the Board of Directors.
Candidate should be ready to commit at least 2 days in the office, 10-15 hours per week for at least one semester.HOW TO APPLY
Please email, email@example.com with resume and cover letter expressing the reasons for your interest and your availability for the position. Please put the name of the internship in the subject line.BENEFITS
This is an unpaid position, but interns have the opportunity to see the inner workings of a small but growing non profit and the process of planning and managing a major fundraising event.
- Resource Development / Management
- Office Management
- Strategic Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15hrs per week
- Non Profit Development Internship
- College Prep Tutor - SAT Prep
- Volunteer Coordinator -...
- STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT INTERN
- Academic Coach (After School...
- Summer Soccer Scholars: Teaching...
- Soccer Coach-Mentor: SBU Global...
- ESOL Tutor
- College Prep Tutor - Seniors
- College Prep Mentor
- Travel Soccer Coach & Mentor
- Head Coach & Mentor for Girls...
- Summer Soccer Scholars: Coaching...
- Non-Profit Data Systems Internship
- Girls Soccer Coach & Mentor
- After School Soccer Coach
- College Prep Tutor - Sophomores
- AmeriCorps UP2US Coach & Mentor
- Education Internship
- Youth Recreational Soccer Coach