Design Lab Facilitator PSC
26 people are interested
Explore the engineering design process with Powerhouse Science Center’s brand new Design Lab workshop! Work with visitors on
Work with museum visitors by Mapping-out, building, and testing prototype solutions to given design challenges. Volunteers have FUN engaging families with the engineering and innovation process, and learning how there’s no single "right" answer in engineering.
We need volunteers daily to power this new design space. You will be our "guides on the side," helping our visitors as they solve engineering challenges ranging from building bridges and buildings, testing out aerodynamics, constructing electrical circuits, and even coding! Do not worry if you are not an engineering expert, just be willing to smile, assist and learn along with visitors!
- Must be aged 16 or older
- Available in afternoons, preferably weekends
- Willingness to work with visitors of all ages and backgrounds
- Personal or professional background in science, education, or museums is desired, but not necessary
- Ability to follow instructions from staff
- Ability to be flexible and creative when necessary
Attend orientation and required skill builder workshops throughout the year
We'll work with your schedule.
3615 Auburn BlvdSacramentoSacramento, CA 95821
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Mechanical Engineering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Daily afternoons