Since 1917, the Girl Scout Cookie Program has been the largest girl-led business in the country. The Girl Scout Cookie Program is such an important (and fun!) part of the overall Girl Scout experience-tons of learning for her and beyond-delicious cookies for our awesome cookie customers! It’s a win-win. Our Girl Scout cookie entrepreneurs learn essential life skills like goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey is looking for a Service Unit Cookie Manager to oversee the Girl Scouts cookie sale in the Linden community. With the help of council staff and your team of volunteers, you will help girls in your community sell cookies and achieve their goals!
- Attend Cookie Manager training and understand all information contained in the guidebook
- Distribute information to the service unit team and leaders in an effective and efficient manner
- Become familiar with the Cookie Program and be the first point of contact for all troops within your community
- Deliver training for troop cookie managers in your community and ensure that all troop cookie managers are prepared for the cookie sale
- Distribute Cookie Program materials and girl rewards to troops
- Coordinate the cookie delivery in your community
- Become familiar with our online cookie management system, and monitor all troops within your community
- Become a Girl Scout member and complete a background check
- Computer Skills: Access to e-mail and the internet
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Men are welcome!
- No previous Girl Scout experience needed. Training is provided
- This can be a multi-volunteer role
- Develop leadership skills in a supportive, fun environment
- Volunteer around your schedule. No minimum hours required.
- Make a difference in the lives of girls!
- Gain transferable skills in management, budgeting, and group dynamics
- Access to learning opportunities that only volunteers have access to
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18