Essentially, the volunteer shift is mostly the following...
Hill House is in need of volunteers for their monthly senior dinners! Happening on the third Tuesday of every month, we are looking for volunteers to help set up, serve and breakdown a meal for seniors in the Beacon Hill, West End neighborhoods. Duties include -
- Helping to set up and break down tables and chairs.
- Pouring juice and water for seniors as they arrive.
- Delivering food (mainly salad and a main hot dish for dinner and dessert) to the seniors as they’ve settled in.
- Asking if seniors would like seconds to their meal and refreshing their drinks.
- Clearing the tables as seniors depart (they try to do this themselves but I like to try to dissuade them from it on a customer service principle).
Please note that all of our volunteers do need to fill out a Hill House volunteer application.
- Elder care
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Once a month