irls on the Run(r) of Central Maryland is a non profit 501(c)(3) organization currently seeking dynamic, inspirational, and engaging individuals to join our Board of Directors. GOTR Board members serve a minimum two year term during which they work to promote and expand the GOTR mission, provide financial and governance oversight, and serve as an ambassador to donors, sponsors and the greater Central Maryland community.
Board meetings are held about 10 times/year in the evening, typically on the second Tuesday of the month in Columbia, MD (2-3 meetings per year are held in Carroll County)
Girls on the Run(r) is a life-changing, experiential learning programs for girls in third through eighth grade. The programs combine training for a 3.1 mile running event with self-esteem enhancing, uplifting workouts. The goals of the programs are to encourage positive emotional, social, mental, spiritual and physical development.
- Regularly attends Board meetings & related important meetings
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Board work
- Volunteers for & willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly & on time
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares her/himself well for meetings, and reviews & comments on minutes & reports
- Gets to know other committee members and builds collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus
- Is active in committees, annual evaluation, and planning efforts
- Participates in fundraising for the organization
Board meetings are typically held in Columbia, MD; 5ks, fundraising events, and volunteer opportunities are held in Carroll and Howard counties.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Capacity Planning
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/month
- availability for meetings on the 2nd Tuesday evening of the month