Special Olympics NC - Health Chair - Alamance County
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking a responsible individual to serve as Health Chair in the Alamance County Area. The Health Chair will help connect athletes to community health and wellness resources, increase athlete numbers, and eliminate many common barriers to health in your community.
Time commitment & requirements:
- Attend a monthly local committee meeting and approximately 5-10 additional hours per month. The time is flexible. We hold one big health event in the Fall that would require one month where you would work 20 hours.
- We would like you to serve a one-year term with an opportunity to renew
- It is preferred that you have some background experience in health and wellness as you will be helping with work on a health grant
- Attend meetings and report on health-related program updates
- Assist in planning health focused events
- Recruit health and wellness volunteers for events, programs and committees
- Assist in tracking and recording health data
Please respond with your contact information and qualifications. This is a very important position and we appreciate all who are interested in taking on this role.
We'll work with your schedule.
3916 R. Dean Coleman RoadBurlington, NC 27215
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 7-20 hours a month (see above)