Graphic Design (Fall/Winter/Spring)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation was created to teach children basic financial and economic literacy skills to promote life-long financial health. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation Inc. (DMFLF), a 501(c)(3) organization is working to close the financial literacy gap in our country and build stronger, financially literate communities -- one student, one classroom, one school at a time. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation created and provides an eight-unit curriculum which includes lessons, activities, and highest quality to schools and teachers at no cost. We have developed a student-centered financial literacy curriculum for high school students. It is a 60-hour program that meets all national standards. We are presently engaging with schools and educators within central New Jersey communities and would appreciate your support in expanding our financial literacy education program for teens and advance our vision of "A Financially FIT America." The Foundation works closely with educators, opinion makers, business leaders and families to dramatically improve financial literacy and better prepare the next generation for a lifetime of better financial decisions.
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation (DMFLF) offers unpaid internships to current students and recent graduates interested in learning the inner workings of a nonprofit organization. Interns or volunteers will be paired with a Foundation team member for one-on-one mentorship to gain hands-on experience in their area of interest.
In order to become an intern or volunteer, the applicant must:
- Be available to work 15-22 hours per week during regular business hours at DMFLF HQ Princeton, NJ.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer and subject matter competency.
- Be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small, and be able to balance multiple priorities at once.
- Have a strong desire to make a difference, a passion for the DMFLF mission, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
Although this in not a paid internship position, interns will gain first-hand, individualistic experience in working in all facets of a non-profit organization, especially within their focus areas. Interns will be able to attend our functions and other events and activities as identified. Interns will participate and become actively involved in the actual operational activities of the organization and will leave this experience with a professional understanding of the non-profit world that will serve them as they proceed professionally. Interns will also leave this experience with a professional reference upon request.
Graphic Design Interns assist with graphic design, tech support, and editorial tasks as well as project management, including project initiation, working with the internal creative team stewarding the review and approval process. Implementing and fine tuning DMFLF Curriculum materials, Branding, FitKit Micro Economy Board Game and other elements of the program for packaging and distribution. Interns will work interactively with all departments within the foundation. Interns/Service Learners will participate in professional development workshops and networking opportunities when offered by the organization.
- Support MSM Service Learning Interns in Producing Marketing and promotional Items as well as graphics for use in social media
- Design Page and PowerPoint Slide Formats
- Design FitKit Board Game
- Research and contact printers and product suppliers
- Collaborate with game development on related projects
- Create graphics for curriculum materials, social media, board games, vocabulary cards, etc.
- Design presentation slide decks
- Attend Workshops
- A passion & interest in the graphic design field.
- The ability to work well with others
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) as well as Microsoft PowerPoint
- Able to organize & prioritize a large number of tasks and complete those that are necessary
- Video Editing and Motion Graphics experience are a plus.
We'll work with your schedule.
189 Wall StreetPrinceton, NJ 08540
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design / Print
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training