The MFD Events Coordinator is a regular volunteer who is willing to be responsible for organizing and oversight of a montlhy event for the VA Support Program of Soldiers’ Angels.
The Events Coordinator is also a volunteer who is willing to supervise all volunteers participating in the Mobile Food Distribtuion events scheduled to occur monthly through December 2017. This position’s success should ultimately result in volunteers with a deeper engagement and commitment to Soldiers’ Angels who feel fully supported and appreciated, service members who feel properly appreciated, and thorough policies in place. Training is provided.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work events on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Responsible for making sure that all volunteers are aware of policies and procedures to ensure a consistent quality of service, and to set clear expectations of each volunteer.
- Serve as liaison with VA Voluntary Service Coordinator on event-related matters.
- Conduct After Action Review of events to include sharing stories, pictures, quotes and event statistics with VA Representative.
- Create a positive environment where two-way communication and strong trust are established with both your Group Angels and your Team Leader.
Time Commitment is 5-10 hours a week, flexible work schedule. Including the day of the event, which is a Friday.
Join us to kick off this exciting and valuable program for our Central Florida Veterans! Make a powerful impact as part of a enthusiastic team.
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hrs a week. Some during business hours.
- Enthusiasm for the mission.