Marketing/Social Media- Social Media Coordinator
WhenTue Jan 30, 2018 09:00 AM - Fri Aug 31, 2018 03:00 PM
Where189 Wall StreetPrinceton, NJ 08540
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation was created to teach children basic financial and economic literacy skills to promote life-long financial health. The Foundation works closely with educators, opinion makers, business leaders and families to dramatically improve financial literacy and better prepare the next generation for a lifetime of good financial decisions. DMFLF creates and makes available free lessons, activities, and assessments of the highest quality to schools and teachers. We are currently developing a student-centered financial literacy program that is standards-based and provides 60 hours for high school students.
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation offers unpaid internships to current students and recent graduates interested in learning the inner workings of a nonprofit organization. Interns will be paired with a Foundation team member for one-on-one mentorship to gain hands-on experience in their area of interest.
- Be available to work 15-22 hours per week during regular business hours at DMFLF HQ Princeton, NJ.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer and subject matter competency.
- Be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small, and be able to balance multiple priorities at once.
- Have a strong desire to make a difference, a passion for the DMFLF mission, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
If you meet all of the above requirements and would like to be considered for an internship, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put INTERNSHIP in the subject line.
Interns will be divided into three departments according to skill levels. The three departments of Marketing and Social Media include Content Writer, Associate Analyst, and Social Media Coordinator. The content writer will be responsible for creating new content that will carry on DoughMain's message and values. Interns will review and update the Foundation Marketing Social Media Plan, update print materials, update and maintain social media, while implementing, increasing and fine tuning our social media marketing presence on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, blog and e- newsletter. Interns/Service Learners will participate in professional development workshops and networking opportunities when offered by the organization.
Social Media Coordinator:
- Creating and providing content for all our social media outlets
- Increase following and keep our current followers engaged
- Manage: Facebook Page, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Stay abreast with current events, exciting news, photos, infographics, and any other creative opportunities
- Work with the multimedia and design interns to use stories, photos, and videos to strengthen our marketing efforts, increase our reach, and put together a marketing campaign(s) to raise awareness
- 1+ years of experience in Social Media Marketing
- Possess a passion for content development, and be a creative thinker
- Demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Work independently and collectively with the team
- Have the ability to define and meet deadlines
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training