Senior Communication Officer Virtual Volunteer (Remote)
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Reporting to the Founder of ASI, the Meta Volunteer for Communication will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate ASI's mission.
The Communication Officer Meta Volunteer will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization to effectively implement ASI’s communication objectives.
In order to be considered for this position, please apply via volunteer match, then provide ONE of the following powerpoint presentation, writing sample, or any particular content that you have implemented. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this role.
- Together with the support of her/his team & input from the management team, develop, implement, and evaluate the quarterly communications plan for ASI .
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities, including ASI’s new website.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, & brochures.
- Mentor and lead a team of volunteers responsible for ASI’s communication efforts.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance-ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, videos, campaigns, and events) is posted regularly.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time.
- Manage all media contacts.
ASI is seeking support from Senior Communications Officer as a Meta Volunteer, who has at least 10 years of communications experience, ideally in an "in-house" leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website content, newsletters, PPT developments, and donor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 hours volunteer engagement per week.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- A strong track record as an implementer.
- Relationship builder.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force for all communication efforts.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work virtually, independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Comfortable working in a startup phase non-profit organization.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Technical Writing
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Human Resources Assistance
- Graphic Design / Print
- Minimum of 5 hours per week