10 people are interested
Overview of Position: Assisting our admin department with various office duties and filling in for staff vacations.
Time commitment: Shift length varies (usually minimum 2 hours), prefer continuous schedule (i.e. every Tuesday from 12-2), but on call opportunities are available. Talk to the volunteer coordinator for information on current needs.
Specific Tasks: Includes, but are not limited to: answering the door, answering the telephones, performing light clerical and other duties as assigned. They may assist with sorting, moving and stacking of donations, and light housekeeping as needed
Qualifications/Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age. Need to complete the following training:
- Complete the volunteer application;
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator;
- Attend the general volunteer orientation;
- Pay for your background checks;
- Pass background and reference check (at least two references outside of family members);
- Pass and complete CCADV and mandated reporter online training;
- Attend the direct service training;
- Complete basic hands-on training at the shelter;
- Attend volunteer education/support meetings;
- Pay for and pass TRAILS (child abuse database) check;
- Commit to one year of service to the Crisis Center.
- Administrative specific training
Volunteer must be able to work independently and maintain a compassionate image in line with the beliefs of the Crisis Center. Ability to handle multiple things at once is beneficial. Work load will vary by day (some days are busier than others), so flexibility with workload is important. Learning the phone system is required.
Benefits to Volunteer: Ability to assist in the day to day activity of the organization and ensure that the first interaction the community has with the Crisis Center is a positive one. Volunteers can learn important office management and phone skills, in addition to interpersonal and office skills.
Volunteer goals for this position:
- Be the positive first interaction of the Crisis Center with the community and clients
- Learn and help to improve administrative processes
- Gain valuable office experience
- Become an integral part of the daily activities here at the Crisis Center
We'll work with your schedule.
various locations in Douglas CountyCastle RockCastle Rock, CO 80104
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 4 shifts/month for a minimum of 1 year
- See job description for additional requirements