The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding, and appreciation through web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and local events.
The Worldview Project is looking for an Assistant Volunteer Coordinator Volunteer/Intern who is proactive, highly organized, cooperative and personable to assist our main Volunteer Coordinator in coordinating the Volunteer and Intern program at The Worldview Project. The Assistant Volunteer Coordinator must endeavor to be an exemplary Volunteer in order to create a positive role model for other Volunteers and Interns, leading by example. The Assistant Volunteer Coordinator must be able to work a few weekend days a year when we have organizational events (usually 3-4 events a year).
Duties include but is not limited to:
- Assisting the main Volunteer Coordinator in recruiting and managing our staff.
- Assisting the main Volunteer Coordinator in working with Volunteers and Interns from varying countries, therefore, cultural sensitivity and awareness is a must!
- Assisting the main Volunteer Coordinator to create a welcoming and safe work environment for everyone.
- Assisting the main Volunteer Coordinator in organizing Volunteers for special events and projects.
- Assisting the main Volunteer Coordinator with any other tasks and projects that she may need help with.
Most of our work happens during normal business hours, with only occasional weekend or evening hours requested. Our minimum commitment for a volunteer is 6 hours per week and for an intern is 10 hours per week. We are looking for individuals who can make at least a 6-month commitment, regardless of whether you are interested in the volunteer or internship position.
Please visit our website at www.thewvp.org and our online magazine at www.parobs.org for more information about our organization and the work we do!
** PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR WALK-IN UNANNOUNCED AT OUR OFFICE TO INQUIRE OR APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY. PLEASE WRITE TO US IN THE COMMENT SECTION PROVIDED IN THIS APPLICATION OR EMAIL US AT email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org **
When you write to us, we'd appreciate it if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experiences, interests, and anything else you might want to share, so that we may respond to your application more fully. If you do not hear back from us in one business week's time, then you may call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email at email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest with the Worldview Project! We look forward to receiving your application. Have a wonderful day.
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 6-10 hours/week for at least 6 months.
- Must come into the office at least 2 days per week.
- Calendar Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Social Media Volunteer/Intern
- Journalist Volunteer/Intern
- Assistant Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator...
- Content Developer Volunteer/Intern
- Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Promotions Coordinator...
- Copy Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Events Photographer...
- Schools Program Coordinator
- General Office Volunteer/Intern
- Acquisition Editor...