Science Museum Event Volunteer
Science Museum of Minnesota
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
33 people are interested
Serve the museum mission by volunteering for special events hosted by SMM. Roles for events may include interpretation, greeter or wayfinder, development reception volunteer or other miscellaneous roles required by special events hosted by SMM. The Event Volunteer role is not one with a regular schedule but per events, as they are available.
Communicate general information about the museum to ensure that visitors have information readily accessible to them, understand museum policies, and have a fulfilling experience.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for guests
- Maintain familiarity with museum news and programming
- Respond to visitors’ needs and questions accurately
- Provide information that will help visitors understand museum expectations and policies
Accurately interpret assigned STEM content and communicate general information about the museum and its galleries resulting in well-informed visitors that have an enhanced interest in learning.
- Maintain familiarity with museum news, exhibit content, and programming
- Utilize and continue to grow interpretation skills
- Understand and represent the museum’s content stance (evolution, future earth...etc) on possibly controversial topics.
Exemplify the museum’s customer service mission and standards to assure a uniform level and style of service.
- Provide exceptional hospitality by politely and proactively greeting visitors and finding answers and solutions to visitors’ questions
- Be attentive, efficient, knowledgeable, relevant and flexible when addressing all visitor needs
- Interact with professionalism while supporting the museum’s mission
- Connect with staff when presented with a service recovery opportunity