We are a creative and fun-loving nonprofit with a mission to renovate an historic farmhouse, nurture the creative efforts of the community, and support the work of our local artists.
We have negotiated a long-term lease on the Jester Farmhouse and we are receiving substantial help with our renovation efforts from the County government. We are entering a crucial phase of this project as we launch our design plans, our art programming, and ambitious fundraising. This project has strong forward momentum and support, but is still new enough that board members can make a big difference. We will need people who are willing to take personal ownership of this project, roll up their sleeves and make it succeed.
Learn more about us at jesterartspace.org.
We are in greatest need of new members with fundraising and/or arts instruction experience. Experience in any creative field is desirable. We are also in need of any of the following skills:
- Arts instruction or curatorship
- Community outreach
- Data management
- Financial bookkeeping
- Communications, public relations
- Attend monthly board meetings (about 2 hours)
- Take a lead role in furthering the organization, in line with your particular skills and interests
- Financially contribute each year to the organization, within your level of comfort
- Participate in community outreach for fundraising and volunteer recruitment
- Assist with social gatherings
- Be an all-around pleasant person and have fun hanging around with us!
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 10 hours per month
- Dedication to any creative field