New board members needed! Save the past for the future of the arts!
10 people are interested
We are in greatest need of new members with strong SOCIAL MEDIA skills (or a commitment to learn). We are also in need of any of the following skills:
- Arts instruction or curatorship
- Community outreach
- Data management
- Communications, public relations
We are a creative and fun-loving nonprofit with a mission to renovate a historic farmhouse, nurture the creative efforts of the community, and support the work of our local artists.
We have negotiated a long-term lease on the Jester Farmhouse and we are receiving substantial help with our renovation efforts from the County government. We are entering a crucial phase of this project as we launch our design plans, our art programming, and ambitious fundraising. This project has strong forward momentum and support, but is still new enough that board members can make a big difference. We will need people who are willing to take personal ownership of this project, roll up their sleeves and make it succeed.
Learn more about us at jesterartspace.org.
- Attend monthly board meetings (about 2 hours)
- Take a lead role in furthering the organization, in line with your particular skills and interests
- Financially contribute each year to the organization, within your level of comfort
- Participate in community outreach for fundraising and volunteer recruitment
- Assist with social gatherings
- Be an all-around pleasant person and have fun hanging around with us!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About JESTER ARTSPACE
2723 GRUBB RD, WILMINGTON, DE 19810, US
We are friends working to provide an artistic venue, support and camaraderie for creative people, as we preserve the rural heritage of our future home at Jester Farm.
Jester Artspace is a 501(c)(3) non-profit working to save the historic Jester Farmhouse, in Jester Park on Grubb Road in Wilmington DE, for local artists of all disciplines and skill levels to use as meeting, working and gallery space. The county-owned property is one of the few remaining modest pre-Civil War farmsteads that were once common in Northern Delaware. We are working closely with the county and our renovation plans are very far along. While that progresses, we are pushing on a parallel track to establish our programming and events in temporary studio space. Learn more about us at jesterartspace.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
2818 Grubb RoadWilmington, DE 19810
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 6 hours per month
- Dedication to any creative field