Go Girls Group Leader
2 people are interested
Go Girls! is a group mentoring program for girls ages 8 - 12 that focusses on physical activity, balanced eating and self-esteem. The single, most important goal of the program is to positively shape the lives of young women and girls by helping them build a positive self-image - setting them on a path to reach their full potential in life.
The Go Girls! program consists of seven mentoring sessions, held over a 7 - 10 week period, after school within school facilities. Each 1.5 - 2 hour-long session is loosely structured around four themes: physical activity, healthy eating, self-esteem, and communication skills.
The program strives to do the following:
- Create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
- Build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits and the risks associated with eating disorders
- Promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
- Encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- Support the development of leadership and life skills
- Offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- Have mentors make a difference while having fun
We'll work with your schedule.
The Langley AreaLangley, BC V3A 4G2Canada
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours once per week for 8 weeks
- No experience is required to volunteer as a group program leader